How To: Create Your Legacy Videos
Zoom Specific Training
Links & Resources
Dropbox, Google Drive, One-Drive
Public but Unlisted Storage
YouTube and Vimeo
External Hard Drive or USB Drives >> Click Here for a Trusted Example on Amazon
NOTE: Please do not keep your videos in just one place, you don’t want to lose them.
These are great prompts to start with for your videos or interview topics.
Think of it like this…
If it means something to you it will mean something to those in your family.
Think of all the stories that you tell your kids about the ones in your life that you have lost. Wouldn’t it be great if those stories lived on even after you?
You can also use a smartphone on a tripod.
It is a free software that you download and can open and use anytime.
The limitation of the free software is no more than 45 minutes in one session with multiple people. There is no limitation if you are alone and just recording yourself.
Things to think about for the best videos.
- Lighting – Be sure that if you have any windows that they are in front of you if the light is bright or close curtains etc.
- Sound – If you have a pair of headphones with a microphone you will want to use them so any echo of the room is diminished.
- Testing – Be sure to test your settings before recording an entire story. I can’t tell you how many times I have had to re-record because I forgot something.
- Camera – You can use a standard phone or camera built into your laptop and that will most likely do a fine job. If you want to have your videos be a bit better check out the next section where we recommend some low-cost upgrades to enhance your videos.
- Empty box or stack of books. Keep your camera slightly above eye level for the best angle to flatter yourself.
Camera Example – (hundreds are available)
Sound Examples- (hundreds are available)
- Tripod – keep your camera steady to avoid seasickness when you watch your video.
- Storage – Western Digital is a brand you can trust – 1 terabyte should be enough for just about everyone.
Don’t think that you can handle the technology?
Want to hire some help or even someone to listen and prompt you?
We have that covered too!
We have interviewers with tech skills!!!!
$45 per hour and they will take care of everything for you
PLUS… they are fun to talk to as well.
Check Out The Examples Below…